We are offering a challenging role for a pro-active Administrator/Typist at our Derby head office.
Swindell & Pearson is a legal services firm that helps businesses and individuals secure patent and trade mark protection for their ideas, inventions and brands. We have been serving our clients’ intellectual property needs for over 130 years.
Duties and responsibilities:
- You will be tasked with a varied role, carrying out general typing and patent administrative duties,
with progression to a secretarial role on successful completion of training.
- Preparation of confidential documentation.
- Audio typing of correspondence, reports, patent specifications.
- Processing incoming post and entering due dates onto the data system.
- Preparing forms (electronically) to be sent to official bodies such as the Intellectual Property Office.
- Processing incoming & outgoing emails.
- Performing ancillary duties, for example scanning, shredding, copying, courier
- Filing internal paperwork within files.
- Processing the time recordal system.
Skills and experience required:
- Motivated team player.
- Accurate typing.
- Excellent office administration experience.
- Excellent spelling and grammar.
- High quality work.
- Willingness to follow standard procedures.
- Experience of managing a busy workload.
- Ability to prioritise effectively.
- Audio typing skills would be an advantage.
- Training will be given for patent administrative duties so the desire to learn is important.
- RSA qualifications a real advantage.
What can we offer you:
- Competitive salary.
- Commitment to training.
- Genuine progression opportunities.
- 35 hour working week (Monday to Friday).
- Friendly and supportive team environment.
- Contributory pension scheme.
If you feel you are the right candidate for our role then please send your CV and
covering letter (with details of your experience and salary expectations) to Rachel Collins at Swindell & Pearson, 48 Friar Gate, Derby DE1 1GY or email [email protected].
We look forward to receiving your application.