Business Development Executive
Swindell & Pearson is a legal services firm that helps businesses and individuals secure patent, trade mark and design protection for their ideas, inventions and brands. From our office in Derby, we have been serving our clients’ intellectual property needs for 140 years.
The firm’s client base ranges from renowned multinational corporations through to universities and local businesses. The firm is recommended by the Legal 500.
We are looking for a proactive and highly motivated business development and marketing professional to join us at our Derby office. It’s a very exciting time for our firm as we’ve been experiencing excellent growth leading to new client instructions and increased brand awareness.
The business development executive post will be a busy hands-on role made up of the following key activities:
- Deliver the firm’s business development and marketing strategies;
- Work with, guide and support fee-earners to attract new clients and develop existing clients;
- Manage the combined sales pipelines of the fee-earners;
- Organise, facilitate and contribute to the production of client proposals, tenders and ranking directory submissions;
- Assume responsibility for the firm’s CRM system (Pipedrive);
- Own and develop the firm’s online and static marketing collateral;
- Create high-quality content and distribute it through the appropriate channels;
- Organise and measure campaigns through email, social media and using traditional mail as required;
- Use social media to find and connect with new targets, promote the firm and communicate key messages; and
- Arrange and run seminars and social events.
Previous law firm experience is not necessary.
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per year.
To apply for this role or if you’d like to find out more, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to our practice manager, Martyn Taylor, at [email protected].