Intellectual Property Administrator
We seek a high-calibre individual to join the firm’s successful intellectual property support department, which provides support to our fee earners by handling a growing range of tasks relating to procedural aspects of patent and trade mark systems throughout the world.
Applicants should have the following:
- Strong administration skills;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Experience in ICT use;
- Self-discipline and motivation;
- A methodical and systematic approach to completing tasks;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- An ability to work under pressure;
- An ability to prioritise work load;
- Ambition to build a career in a legal administration position;
- Knowledge of intellectual property law would be an advantage; and
- French and/or German language skills considered a real asset.
- Processing incoming translation requests;
- Retrieving GB & EU trade mark publications – weekly;
- Preparing monthly reports;
- Preparing standard correspondence for sending to clients;
- Ordering translations of documents in to French and German;
- Processing files to be closed;
- Performing double checks on cases to check data integrity;
- Ordering certified copies of official documents;
- Entering granted/registered takeover cases on to the case management system;
- Preparing official post for posting;
- Assisting with file finding;
- Submitting client month end invoices;
- Reporting & charging patent watching services to clients; and
- Renewal reminders.
We have a commitment to training within the company. This role has a structured training program. There is a real opportunity for progression within the company.
Office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, with an hour lunch. There may be occasions where additional working hours are required.
The role is full time – 35 hours per week, based at our head office in Derby.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter (with details of your salary expectations) to Rachel Collins at Swindell & Pearson, 48 Friar Gate, Derby DE1 1GY or e-mail [email protected].