We seek a high-calibre individual to join the firm’s successful intellectual property support department, which provides support to our fee earners by handling a varied range of tasks relating to procedural aspects of patent and trade mark systems throughout the world.
Applicants should have the following:
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Well organised with strong administration skills;
- An ability to closely follow processes and procedures;
- Self-discipline and motivation;
- A methodical and systematic approach to completing tasks;
- An ability to work under pressure;
- An ability to prioritise work load;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Experience in ICT use; and
- Ambition to build a career in a legal administration position.
- Maintaining and updating records on the case management system;
- Preparing standard correspondence for sending to clients;
- Retrieving online publications
- Processing incoming requests from clients and associates;
- Preparing monthly reports;
- Performing double checks on cases to check data integrity;
- Ordering certified copies of official documents;
- Preparing official post for posting; and
- Assisting with file finding.
We have a commitment to training within the company. This role has a structured training program. There is a real opportunity for progression within the company.
Office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, with an hour lunch. There may be occasions where additional working hours are required.
The role is full time – 35 hours per week, based at our head office in Derby.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter (with details of your salary expectations) to Rachel Collins at Swindell & Pearson, 48 Friar Gate, Derby DE1 1GY or e-mail [email protected].